SMPL scholarships are sponsored by South Carolina Federal Credit Union for the students with a GPA of 3.0 or higher. Students planning to attend a full-time accredited two-year degree program are eligible to apply. South Carolina Federal is a full-service credit union that offers consumer and business products and services that are comparable to most larger financial institutions. South Carolina Federal Credit Union has given away scholarship money to deserving students. They are awarding a total of $7,500 in scholarships this year.
South Carolina Federal Credit Union (or South Carolina Federal) is a credit union headquartered in North Charleston, South Carolina, that is supervised and insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), an agency of the U.S. government.
Scholarships may be applied for by:
- Members of South Carolina Federal in good standing OR U.S. residents who are eligible to apply for membership at South Carolina Federal at time of scholarship application
- Students with a GPA of 3.0 or higher and in good standing with current school
- Students planning to attend a full-time accredited two-year degree program, an accredited two-year program leading to a four-year undergraduate degree or an accredited four-year institution (undergraduate program)
- Previous winners are eligible, but a new application and essay must be submitted.
How to Apply
Application to include a short essay (500 words or less) on the following topic:
How are you planning for your financial future?
Applicants are required to supply the following supporting documentation along with their application form:
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher or counselor at your current school
- Transcript from current school (with GPA)
- Recent photo (photo will be used on scfederal.org as an indication of who applied – it will not be used in the judging process).
Sponsor is South Carolina Federal Credit Union and will award the following scholarships:
- First Place: $4,000 (one-time gift)
- Second Place: $2,500 (one-time gift)
- Third Place: $1,000 (one-time gift)
Applications must be submitted in full no later than February 28, 2017.
Any inquiries or concerns relating to the scholarship application should be emailed to Scholarship-at-scfederal.org