The purpose of the Texas Lyceum is to “Identify and develop the next generation of top leadership in the State of Texas”, hence the Texas Lyceum is now offering the Texas Lyceum Leadership Scholarships. The program is open to high school seniors who are planning to pursue a degree at an accredited any Texas college or university with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5. The Leadership Scholarships are intended to promote education and leadership within the great state of Texas as well as to reflect its diversity.The winner of the Texas Lyceum Leadership Scholarship will receive up to $5,000 award.
Since their first meetings in the 1980’s, the Texas Lyceum has continued to pride itself as one of the state’s premier leadership organizations.The Texas Lyceum is rich in history dating back to 1980 when a group of young Texans from the business, professional, and academic worlds recognized that our state was at a turning point, and felt they had a duty and an obligation to do their part to help further shape our great state of Texas.
One Leadership Scholarship will be available for each of the following:
- High school seniors planning on attending any accredited Texas college or university
- College students who are rising sophomores, juniors or seniors enrolled in good academic standing in any accredited Texas college or university and
- Graduate students enrolled in graduate school at any accredited Texas college or university. These recipients are called Texas Lyceum fellows.
Eligibility criteria for application consideration:
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 is required of high school seniors to be considered for this scholarship
- Texas resident and U.S. Citizen and/or legal resident
- Exhibited leadership in school and community activities
- Enrollment in any accredited Texas college or university
- High school students: Leadership Scholarships are limited to high school students who are graduating from high school in the year in which the scholarship is awarded
How to Apply
To be applying for the scholarship, the candidate may submit online application through the given link: http://texaslyceum.org/page-18201
- Applicants will be asked to submit evidence of strong leadership, academic record, honors, personal essays, letters of recommendations, potential to succeed, participation in school and community activities and financial need.
- Applications must be submitted electronically along with resumes, essays, letters of recommendation and transcripts.
Any student meeting the eligibility requirements may apply for a Texas Lyceum Leadership Scholarship. The $5,000 scholarship will be paid directly to the college or university once the student has presented proof of acceptance and/or enrollment.
The applications and all required documentation must be submitted online on or before March 24, 2017.
For questions about the Leadership Scholarships, contact the Texas Lyceum at 214-891-0001 or send an email to administrator-at-texaslyceum.org.