The Anthem Foundation is pleased to announce its UNCF/Anthem Corporate Scholars Program to college juniors. The program is a nationwide workforce initiative that creates career opportunities for minority students. The foundation promotes the inherent commitment of Anthem, Inc. to enhance the health and well-being of individuals and families in communities that Anthem, Inc. and its affiliated health plans serve. By the Anthem Foundation, winning candidates will receive need-based scholarships up to $5000 for the 2017-2018 academic year.
The Anthem Foundation is the philanthropic arm of Anthem, Inc. and through charitable contributions and programs, since its establishment, the foundation has granted more than $165 million in grants to organizations that support our Healthy Generations program.
To be eligible, candidates must meet all the following criteria:
- Students must possess a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or better
- Students must be a junior at a 4- year accredited college/university during the application and interview process.
- Students must major in business, communications, marketing, finance, computer science, information systems and management information systems and computer technology.
- Students must be an underrepresented minority student have the ability to accept an internship position in the following areas – housing and transportation are not provided:
- Woodland Hills and Thousand Oaks-California, Business (sales interest)
- Richmond and Virginia Beach- Virginia, Computer Science, Information Systems, Management Information Systems
- Atlanta- Georgia (Georgia Tech Area), Computer Science, Information Systems, Management Information Systems
- Atlanta – Georgia (Buckhead), Business (Sales Interest)
- Louis- Missouri, Business (Sales Interest)
- Albany -New York, Business (Sales Interest)
- Students must possess strong analytical problem solving, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Students must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and Outlook) and social media platforms
How to Apply
In order to apply, candidate can create an account through the given link: https://scholarships.uncf.org/Account/LogOn
The program will provide scholarships up to $5000 (based on need) for the 2017-2018 academic year, paid for by the Anthem Foundation, for qualified students based on the eligibility requirements.
The application will be closed on February 17, 2017, at 11:59 PmEST.
If you have any question, contact at crystal.terry-at-uncf.org