- Are you passionate about a career in science?
- Want to access CSIRO’s world-class facilities and staff?
- Apply for a CSIRO PostgraduateAboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Scholarship now!
The CSIRO Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Postgraduate Scholarship program is part of the CSIRO Indigenous Engagement Strategy which seeks to significantly increase employment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people within CSIRO. Through this strategy, CSIRO aims to enhance the educational, employment, training and career development opportunities for people of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent.
The CSIRO Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Postgraduate Scholarship program is a new initiative which supports Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to undertake postgraduate study in CSIRO STEM (science, technology engineering, mathematics) priority areas.
The Scholarships will take the form of a top up to provide additional support to other financial support schemes, such as a Research Training Program or Centrelink study schemes. Scholarships may be awarded for study towards a PhD (3 years) or a Masters (2 years) or an equivalent degree at an Australian university. Masters students who transfer to a PhD program may be eligible for an extension of their award. Full scholarships may be available in exceptional circumstances.
Locations: Various – CSIRO has sites located all around Australia
Duration: Up to 3 years for a PhD or 2 years for a Masters
Scholarship: Top-up scholarships valued at $7,000 per year plus an operating budget of $10,000 per annum
Reference No: 31164
To be eligible to apply you must:
1. be of Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent;
2. identify as an Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person;
3. be accepted as such by the community in which they live or have lived;
4. be a permanent resident of Australia;
5. be enrolled at an Australian university;
6. be a recipient of one of the following:
• an Australian Postgraduate Award (APA),
• a Centrelink education scheme payment,
• a university scholarship or equivalent;
7. commence your PhD or Masters program by 30 June of the year following the year of application (i.e. if applying in 2017 you must commence by 30 June 2018). Students who have already commenced may apply for a top up scholarship if they are less than twelve months into their course at 1 January of the year following application); and
8. be undertaking a research degree in a a priority area aligned to a business unit research program by a CSIRO business unit.
How to Apply:
To apply, please prepare ONE document which includes all of the following:
- your cover letter and CV/resume (which includes the names and contact details of two previous supervisors or academic/ professional referees);
- the name of your university and university supervisor (if known)
- your preferred CSIRO Business Unit and supervisor (if known); and
- an outline of your longer-term career aspirations and detail how this program will help you achieve them.
After preparing the above document please return to the advertisement and click on the ‘Apply Now’ button to either create a Candidate Profile or to login to your current account. Enter your personal details and then click ‘Next’ to move to the application form:
If you experience difficulties applying online call 1300 984 220 and someone will be able to assist you. Outside business hours please email: [email protected] .
CSIRO will contact you if any suitable Postgraduate Scholarship fitting your profile become available.
About CSIRO: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) is Australia’s national science agency. At CSIRO we shape the future. We do this by using science to solve real issues. Our research makes a difference to industry, people and the planet. Find out more at www.csiro.au
Postgraduate Research Scholarship in Food Systems and Security
ARC Linkage Project, University of Sydney and TAFE NSW
Postgraduate Research Scholarship in Food Systems and Security
Humanities & Social Sciences
An opportunity is available for two outstanding PhD scholars to conduct research into the relationship between social enterprise and food security in the City of Sydney. The successful recipients will join a large research team working on a project with multiple partners, and will focus on one of the following two projects:
I. An examination of how to best use social enterprise models to engage with disadvantaged communities, or
II. A comparative study of how different economic policy environments across Australia have worked to enable or constrain the development of food-related social enterprisesThis Scholarship is supported by a grant from ARC Australian Laureate Fellowship.
Both scholars would also contribute to the larger project and the operations of the City’s incubator program, FoodLab Sydney.
This Scholarship is funded by a grant from ARC Linkage Project, University of Sydney and TAFE NSW.
a. The Scholarship is offered subject to applicants having an unconditional offer of admission or being currently enrolled in full-time studies in a PhD at the University of Sydney within the:
I. Department of Government and International Relations, or
II. Department of Media and Communications.
b. Applicants must also hold at least one of the following:
I. an Honours degree (First Class or Second Class upper),
II. a Master’s degree at high academic standard (e.g. conferred with Distinction) with a substantial research component, or
III. an equivalent qualification in Political/ International Relations, Media/Communications, or a closely related discipline.
c. Applicants must also demonstrate engagement with issues related to food systems, food politics/policy, food security and/or social enterprise.
a. The successful applicant will be awarded the Scholarship on the basis of:
I. academic merit,
II. curriculum vitae,
III. feedback from three academic referees, and
IV. a personal statement which demonstrates their experience and interest in food policy studies.
b. The successful applicant will be awarded the Scholarship on the nomination of the relevant research supervisor(s) in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences at the University of Sydney.
The Scholarship will provide an annual stipend allowance equivalent to the minimum Research Training Program (RTP) Stipend Scholarship rate (indexed on 1 January each year) for up to three years, subject to satisfactory academic performance. No extensions will be granted.
For further information, please refer to the terms and conditions .
Applications for this scholarship can be made through the Online Application Form .
01 January 2019
Testing Intern (2 positions available)
Woodside are offering several ACS Foundation Work Integrated Learning (WIL) scholarships / internships to work and learn in a dynamic and leading edge Digital environment.
Woodside is an Australian oil and gas company with a global presence, recognised for its world class capabilities as an explorer, a developer, a producer and a supplier. We are Australia’s most experienced LNG operator and largest independent oil and gas company. We are pioneering the application of advanced analytics and cognitive computing in our operations to leverage our collective knowledge and to support operational excellence.
Woodside recognises the value of diversity as a competitive advantage and strives to create a working environment where everyone feels free to bring their full selves to work every day.
The Autism Academy for Software Quality Assurance (AASQA) at Curtin University is an Australian social innovation initiative with the vision of harnessing the special talents of people with Autism Spectrum for the collective benefit of these individuals, the industry and the wider community. The mission of the AASQA is to enable individuals with Autism Spectrum to leverage their unique talents through outreach, training and educating, and graduate programs, so as to create pathways from schools to valued, long-term employment; whilst addressing the business needs of the Australian ICT industry facing challenges in attracting and retaining software and quality assurance testers within the sector.
Woodside the ACS Foundation and AASQA are in partnership to continue the Australia’s Specialist ACS Foundation WIL scholarships for undergraduates with Autism Spectrum and related conditions.
As an intern, you will work on a real project (or a few) and have the opportunity to enjoy our dynamic and innovative environment.
• Monitoring of data ingestion pipelines and processes
• Completeness, Quality, Timeliness etc
• Consistent implementation of daily monitoring and testing processes
• Responding to alerts and alarms from software failure and disruptions
• Manage and escalate identified issues and non-conformities
• Testing of Data Software and platform solutions
• Ensure comprehensive test coverage by finding bugs, defects and verifying fixes
• Investigate test failures and customer reports using your technical understanding of the product or tools
• Improve processes and regimes to get great accuracy and consistency in surveillance and testing
The working environment will be inclusive by investigating and accommodating the individual needs of the interns in terms of their working conditions prior to and during their employment.
- Possess knowledge of software engineering processes and tools (for example programming proficiency in languages, preferably Scala, Java, Python, .Net, SQL etc) algorithms and data structure
- Enjoy working digital centric environment
- A passion for using information technology and an eagerness to obtain practical experience within a supportive work environment.
- Ability to meet work deadlines
- Willingness to working well with others
- Attitude – enthusiastic, punctual/ reliable, professional.
Qualifications – Australian University Degree
Actively pursing a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Technology, Mathematics or a related field.
All WA undergraduate students on the Autism Spectrum and related conditions are welcome to apply for this scholarship opportunity.
Melbourne Graduate Scholarships
Melbourne Graduate Scholarships
The Melbourne School of Design offers a variety of fee remission scholarships to high achieving international students applying to eligible courses, covering a 25% or 50% fee remission.
No application is required. You will be automatically considered for this award.
Full benefit details
25-50% fee remission
Applicable study areas
Architecture, building and planning
Number of scholarships awarded
- Eligibility & selection criteria
To be eligible for this scholarship, you need to:
- be enrolled as a full-time student in an eligible postgraduate coursework degree
- obtain and hold a valid visa (as determined by the Department of Immigration)
- meet the satisfactory academic performance requirements for each semester of the course
- be available for promotional activities and able to represent the Melbourne School of Design
- Master of Architecture
- Master of Architectural Engineering
- Master of Construction Management
- Master of Landscape Architecture
- Master of Property
- Master of Urban and Cultural Heritage
- Master of Urban Design
- Master of Urban Planning
Selection is based on academic merit and will be offered to students with highest ranked entry score (calculated based on University of Melbourne admissions policy and procedures) as well as other requirements (i.e. Portfolio and personal statement).
What are the benefits?
A 25% or 50% fee remission scholarship.
Interested in an undergraduate Melbourne Scholarship? Register now
Get more on scholarships and other information to help you succeed at the University of Melbourne.
or call 13 MELB (13 6352)
International: +61 3 9035 5511
For complete listings of faculty-specific scholarships, please see individual faculty websites.
The information listed here is subject to change without notice. Where we have listed information about jointly run scholarships programs, please also see our partners’ websites. Information describing the number and value of scholarships awarded is indicative.
- About Scholarships
- Browse all scholarships
- Frequently asked questions
- Student stories
- Make a donation
- Australia Awards
- Contact us
Classroom Assistant II (Part Time-4 Positions)
133 Position Details Position Information Recruitment/Posting Title Classroom Assistant II (Part Time-4 Positions) Posting Number 18TM0693 Department Ctr-Strategic Urban Ldrshp-Cmd...
Osteoporosis Prevention & Treatment Ctr Student Worker
96 Working Title Osteoporosis Prevention & Treatment Ctr Student Worker Anticipated Starting Academic Term Fall Job Type Student Job Category...
Student Software Developer (FALL)
62 Student Software Developer (FALL) – Job Number: 183298 Organization : CIMMSJob Location : United States-Oklahoma-NormanSchedule : Part-timeWork Schedule: Flexible, 10-20 hours per weekSalary Range: $10.00Benefits Provided: No Required Attachments: Resume,...
Cross-Disciplinary Faculty Position: Illustration/Drawing/Digital Media
53 Posting Details Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All...
Cross-Disciplinary Faculty Position: Ceramics/Digital Ceramics
36 Posting Details Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All...
JMU X-Labs Student Intern – IE
26 Position Details Position Information Working Title JMU X-Labs Student Intern – IE Posting Number J1255 Position Type Institutional Employment...
General Archives Student Assistant
34 Posting Details Posting Details Job Title General Archives Student Assistant Requisition Number DU04595 Department Name 88000:LIBRARY ADMINISTRATION Work Location...
Oral History Center Indexing Student Assistant
27 Posting Details Posting Details Job Title Oral History Center Indexing Student Assistant Requisition Number DU03576 Department Name 88000:LIBRARY ADMINISTRATION...
Dullabh Education Award
32 About the scholarship Application status: Not currently open for applicationsApplicable study: Year 3 of a BEd(Tchg) Primary, GradDipTchg(Sec) or...
KMOS-TV Development Student Worker – Spring 2019
22 Position Information Position Information Position Title KMOS-TV Development Student Worker – Spring 2019 Working Title KMOS-TV Development Student Worker...