The Michigan Council of Women in Technology (MCWT) Foundation is pleased to announce College Scholarships and Laptop Award Programs (one high school senior, one GET-IT club high school senior, one undergraduate-level and one graduate-level college scholarship) for the 2017-2018 academic year. The programs are available for women who are currently or will be enrolled full-time in college-level courses for the 2017-2018 academic year at a Michigan university. The purpose of the foundation is to provide leadership, mentoring, community outreach, professional development and networking to women within the Michigan technology. The foundation will worth varies amount according to scholarship’s level.
The Michigan Council of Women in Technology (MCWT) Foundation inspire, engage and work to grow the number of women in technology fields through a variety of programs, events, and virtual learning, as well as by awarding academic scholarships and grants to pursue technology learning and careers.
An applicant must be a female high-school student (entering college), undergraduate or graduate level student who is:
- A resident of the state of Michigan
- A student with a 3.0 GPA or better
- Enrolled (or will be enrolled) in a Michigan university
- Enrolled (or will be enrolled) in an Information Technology Program
- A United States citizen
How to Apply
To access the scholarship application, the candidate can submit the application form on the given link:
- Applicants may submit transcript copies. Finalists may be asked to provide official transcripts.
- Two letters of recommendation
- High School Senior Scholarship wills worth $5,000 per year, renewable- Up to 3 additional years, total possible award is $20,000
- GET IT (Girls Exploring Together – Information Technology), Applicant must be a member of an MCWT Foundation GET IT high school program will award $5,000 per year, renewable- Up to 3 additional years, total possible award is $20,000
- Undergraduate Scholarship will award $5,000 per year, renewable -Up to 2 additional years, total possible award is $15,000
- Graduate Scholarship will provide $5,000 per year, renewable -Up to 2 additional years, total possible award is$15,000
- Laptop Computer (3 Awardees) Valued up to $3000, One Laptop per Awardee
- The annual scholarship award amount is divided per semester or trimester. Scholarship funds will be sent directly to the Financial Aid office of the college where the recipient is enrolled.
- Recipients are invited with up to 2 guests to the MCWT Foundation Scholarship Award ceremony in May. Winners must also be willing to have their names, short biographies, images and other information distributed by the MCWT Foundation, and mentioned on the Foundation’s Website.
- Recipients will also receive a one-year MCWT Foundation membership and are encouraged to support or volunteer at MCWT Foundation-sponsored events such as the Golf Outing or Camp Infinity, the technology summer camp for girls.
The application deadline is January 31, 2017, to be considered for the 2017 fall semester. Late applications will not be accepted.