The mission of Writingexplained.org is to help people to become better writers. With this goal, Writing Explained is sponsoring a scholarship program named as “The Writing Explained Annual Essay Scholarship” to assist students in their journey through college.The program is available to full-time students who are the full-time student at a college or university with 3.5 GPA or higher. Through the program, the organization hopes to spark students’ curiosity for the written word and to help alleviate the cost of a quality education. Two winners for the essay scholarship will be chosen and each will get up to $500.
Writingexplained.org is a site dedicated to providing the best educational articles on writing that the web has to offer and features hundreds of articles on grammar, style, and usage with examples and quizzes.
- Applicant must be a full-time student at a college or university.
- Applicant must have a 3.5 GPA or higher.
How to Apply
To apply, the candidate must submit an essay with the following information:
- The subject of the email must include “Writing Explained Essay Scholarship Submission.”
- Essays should be submitted in an MS Word document entitled firstname-lastname.docx
- Do not submit essays in PDF format.
- Include in the body of the email your:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Zip Code
- School Name
- Expected Year of Graduation
- School Email
- Cumulative GPA
- Based on How Many Credit Hours
Applicant must submit the 750-word topical essay on the following topic:
- Why Are Your Applying For This Scholarship?
- What Are Your Education and Career Goals?
Send your essay along with the following information to scholarships-at-writingexplained.org.
This scholarship is awarded to two students at participating institutions on an annual basis in the amount of $500, pending funding. The winner will display proficiency in writing, reading, and communication through an essay submission.
The application deadline is May 1, 2017, and scholarship recipient will announce on September 1, 2017, of every calendar year.
If you have any further questions about application requirements or essay submission, contact at: jordan–at- writingexplained.org.