Are you passionate about creating a tobacco-free world? If yes, Tobacco-Free Life is offering scholarship awards to the students who demonstrate their best skills in encouraging smokers to break free of their addiction by creating a well-researched and evidence-based paper offering advice to tobacco users. The program is available to undergraduate or graduate students who are 18 years or older at the time of application. Tobacco-Free Life aim’s is to end tobacco-related diseases and death by taking action to educate the public and collaborate with government officials to encourage sensible public policies at the national and global levels.Tobacco-Free Life awards $2,000 in scholarships each quarter to students who are committed to preventing the suffering and death caused by smoking.
The Tobacco-Free Life Organization is a leading organization with a mission to save lives by ending worldwide disease, damage and death caused by tobacco and with a global vision to protect human lives and our environment from smoking-related diseases and environmental disasters. This is accomplished through research, education, and advocacy. Their vision is “A world free of diseases caused by tobacco.”
- 18 years or older
- Undergraduate or graduate students
- Accepted to or enrolled in a college or university in the United States
How to Apply
In order to apply for the scholarship, simply submit a typed essay of between 1,000 and 1,500 words that answers the following questions:
- Why do you believe smoking is a significant problem for both individuals and society as a whole?
- We as a society need to tackle the issue of smoking. What is the best way to accomplish this, and why is it the best approach?
- Imagine we’re successful in creating a smoke-free world: what would that world look like? How would it be different to the world we live in today?
- If you could say just one thing to current smokers, what would it be?
When you’ve completed your essay, sign it with your full name, your email address, phone number and permanent address on the given link: https://tobaccofreelife.org/scholarship/application/
The applicant may email your essay to scholarship-at-tobaccofreelife.org.
Each quarter, two students will be selected to each receive $1,000 in scholarship funds.
The submission deadline for the application is May 31st, 2017 at 11:00 PM (PST) and winners will be contacted via email and featured on the tobaccofreelife.org website.