The Allegheny Mountain Section of the Air & Waste Management Association is pleased to announce its annual AMS Scholarship Program. The scholarship is open to all high school or undergraduate students who are accepted full-time in a four-(4) year college or university program. The purpose of the program is to provide scholarships to qualified students who are pursuing environmental careers.The scholarship award committee will award up to $4,000 in scholarships to the qualified candidates.
The Air & Waste Management Association (A&WMA) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan professional organization that provides training, information, and networking opportunities to thousands of environmental professionals in 65 countries.
- All undergraduate students currently enrolled or high school students accepted full-time in a four-(4) year college or university program in Western Pennsylvania or West Virginia, which will lead to a career in the environmental fields are eligible to apply.
- Applicants should have at least a “B” average or a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
How to Apply
To be applying for the scholarship, the candidate may download the application through the given link:
- Prepare a one-page, typed essay discussing your interest in the fields of environmental science, environmental engineering, or other environmentally related field.
- Attach it to this cover page along with a letter of recommendation from an academic advisor,
- A completed recommendation form from a teacher or academic advisor,
- A letter of acceptance from a university or college within the geographical area served by the Section,
- A copy of your most recent college or high school transcript,
- Your resume
The applicant must send complete application with all documents to: Allegheny Mountain Section – Air & Waste Management Association Mr. David Testa, QEP C/O AECOM Corporation Foster Plaza 6, 681 Andersen Drive, Suite 400pittsburgh, Pa 15220
- Mail one (1) original and three (3) copies of the completed application package
- Attach, in sealed envelopes, the Letters of Recommendation, to the application packages
- Send the four (4) complete sets and Letters of Recommendation
Financial Aid Award Money:
Allegheny Mountain Section Air & Waste Management Association Announces up to $4,000 in Undergraduate Scholarship(s) for the 2017-2018 Academic Year for Students Pursuing an Environmental Career.
The application deadline is due on March 31, 2017. Awards will be announced by May 2017.
Students interested in scholarships and pursuing a career in Environmental Science, Engineering or Law at an academic level beyond baccalaureate work should contact Joel Anne Sweitheim, Education Programs Manager, and email: jsweithelm-at-awma.org or FAX (412) 232-3450.