Each year, Marianjoy proudly awards scholarships to students with disabilities to help them to further their education, pursue opportunities for growth, explore new possibilities, and achieve their dreams. High school seniors or graduates (diploma or GED certificate) and college undergraduates are encouraged to apply. The scholarship is intended to help to further their education, the scholarship explore new possibilities. The award amount of the scholarships varies.
The Marianjoy Foundation is dedicated to raising awareness and providing resources in support of Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital’s mission to serve persons with disabilities through patient treatment, education, research, and community programs.
- High school seniors or graduates (diploma or GED certificate) and college undergraduates are encouraged to apply.
- Students can be enrolled or planning to enroll in half-time or full-time course study at an accredited two-year or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school.
- Individuals with a permanent physical disability which may have resulted from:
- Brain Injury
- Musculoskeletal Impairments such as Amputation or Multiple Trauma
- Neuromuscular Disorders such as Multiple Sclerosis, Cerebral Palsy, and Guillain-Barre Syndrome
- Spinal Cord Injury
- A permanent resident in one of the following Illinois counties: Cook, Kendall, DeKalb, Lake, DuPage, McHenry, Kane, Will
- Former Marianjoy patients are eligible regardless of residence.
- High school seniors or graduates (diploma or GED certificate), college undergraduates.
- Students who are enrolled or are planning to enroll in a half-time or full-time course study at an accredited two-year or four-year college, university, or vocational technical school.
How to Apply
The candidates can download scholarship application form through the given link: http://www.marianjoyfoundation.org/scholarship/2017ScholarshipApplicationweb.pdf
- Submit a written, personal profile indicating the nature of your disability, as well as career goals and aspirations. Clearly describe any financial needs, as well as any pertinent personal/family circumstances.
- Have your school send original transcripts to the address shown on the form.
- Include two letters of recommendation from a counselor, instructor, employer, minister, physician, therapist or other qualified individuals.
Complete the application and mail to the given address:
Marianjoy Scholarship Program
Attention: Krystal LaMantia
26W171 Roosevelt RoadÂ
Wheaton, Illinois 60187
Entries for the scholarship will be submitted by March 31, 2017.
For more information, contact Krystal LaMantia at Krystal.Lamantia-at-nm.org or call 630.909.7522.