The Southwest Tennis Foundation attempts to assist their deserving young players with opportunities to earn money that will go towards college expenses with the purpose of “promoting the game of tennis as a district of the Southwest Section of the USTA”. The Southwest Tennis Foundation is now offering (2) two scholarships such as “College Scholarship Program” and “Sam Fields Junior Scholarship” to high school seniors. The purpose of the program is encouraging young people to pursue their highest dreams by succeeding in school and becoming responsible citizens.
The Southwest Northern New Mexico District Tennis Association was founded in 1973. The Southwest Tennis Foundation is the fundraising arm of the Southwest Section. It is a separate 501(c) 3 entity that provides financial support for the mission of the Section, which is to “promote and develop the growth of tennis” throughout Arizona, New Mexico and El Paso County, Texas.
- College Scholarship Program: applicant must be a graduating senior and a USTA Southwest member having participated in USTA Southwest tournaments or programs
- Sam Fields Junior Scholarship: junior participants who want to join a tennis academy or high-performance training program of their choice to improve their tennis skills.
How to Apply
To apply for the both scholarships, interested candidate can submit on-line application form through the given link:
- College Scholarship Program: https://forms.usta.com/southwest/form861572137/secure_index.html
- Sam Fields Junior Scholarship: http://forms.usta.com/southwest/form440999797/secure_index.html
(3) Letters of recommendation
Applicant must include (3) letters of recommendation to be attached (online) or mailed to:
Southwest Tennis Foundation
c/o ‘SWTF Scholarship Committee’
7010 E. Acoma Drive, Suite 201
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
- Two awards for each calendar year will be given out. Award winners will be notified after selection.
- These awards are given out to high school seniors who will be attending college the following year.
- College Scholarship Program: Deadline to apply is March 31 of each calendar year.
- Sam Fields Junior Scholarship: the deadline for submission of this application is May 1, and December 1, of each calendar year.
If you have any queries feel free and contact the USTA Southwest Section office directly at (480) 289-2351.