Do you dream of starting a business? Perhaps you already have! The Seton Hall University offers the annual Pirates Pitch Competition that is sponsored by the Center for Entrepreneurial Studies.The contest is open to all current high school sophomores, juniors, and seniors.The competition teaches high school students entrepreneurship basics and idea generation and recognizes and rewards students with outstanding entrepreneurial know-how.It’s a fun way to put your entrepreneurial know-how to the test and win cash prizes and scholarships. Young entrepreneurs will win over $50,000 in the prize for their innovative business ideas!
One of the country’s leading Catholic universities, Seton Hall University has been developing students in mind, heart, and spirit since 1856.Seton Hall University is a major Catholic university. In a diverse and collaborative environment, it focuses on academic and ethical development.
- All high school sophomores, juniors, and seniors are eligible
- The applicants who have a GPA of 3.0 or higher, are eligible
How to Apply
In order to apply, the applicant can register for Open House through the given link: http://www7.shu.edu/admissions/open-house.cfm
To enter the contest, the applicant must submit an original business idea that, in 350 words or less, describes an innovative product or service that you would like to create. Or, you can tell about a business you’ve already launched! Be sure to answer the following questions:
- What problem does your product or service solve?
- How do you propose making money?
- Who are your customers and why will they buy your product or service?
- Who is your competition and how are you going to be better than the competition?
- 1st Place Winner: $2,500 cash prize. Plus $10,000 scholarship to attend Seton Hall University ($2,500 annually)
- 2nd Place Winner: $1,000 cash prize. Plus $6,000 scholarship to attend Seton Hall University ($1,500 annually)
- All other Finalists will receive a $4,000 scholarship to attend Seton Hall University ($1,000 annually)
- Finalists who present in person and their families will also be invited to a congratulatory reception on campus immediately following the event where they will meet with corporate executives and successful entrepreneurs, providing an exclusive opportunity for networking and advice.
- Scholarships to Seton Hall University will be provided to students upon admission to the University.
- The 2018competition deadline is Wednesday, October 18, 2017, at midnight.
- All submitters are welcome to attend the Pirates Pitch competition on Friday, November 17, 2017, from 3 p.m. – 5 p.m. in Jubilee Hall, with a reception to follow.
- If a 1st or 2nd place winning high schools is not present, a check for the cash prize will be mailed to them.
- The top 10 finalists will be invited to Seton Hall University to present their business idea (or discuss a business they now operate) in five-minute presentations to a panel of judges.
If you have any question, call Susan Scherreik, Founding Director, and Center for Entrepreneurial Studies, at 973-275-2251, or email at scherrsu-at-shu.edu